Tuesday 14 January 2014

First post!

Hey, ok so I know everything about this page at the minute is absolutely awful – design and layout ect – buuuuuut it’s new and I’m just trying to start so give me some time and it will get better!

I’m going to start with a sort of haul from my over filled makeup bag, I’ve recently bought lots of new bits with Christmas money and stuff so i’m going to do one or two things every few days.. sort of like a little review on each one!


Soooooo here goes :)

Benefit brows a-go-go – brow and eye shaping kit

After using all sorts of things trying to get perfect eyebrow I finally caved in to the Benefit brows a-go-go shaping set, it comes in a nice little cardboard box so its pretty hard wearing and durable.


I start with the brow zings wax and apply it with the pointed end of the brush, it sets those little annoying stray hairs in place and creates a nice base for the powder. Sometimes if i want my brows to look more natural i just leave them with the wax!
Inside you get the two brow zings powders in light and dark brown, i have pretty dark eyebrows and thought the lighter one may be too light however they blend together so good to get the perfect colour and fading effect!


The eye bright powder and wax are my ultimate fave, they're pretty light pink colours – so not too harsh like white – and when put under the arch of the brow and corner of your eye really brighten up the eyes!
It even comes with a mini black pencil liner (which doesn't seem to be in my picture, must've fallen out in my makeup bag) and a little pair of tweezers, perfect to keep in your bag for quick reapplications.
I bought my set from my local Debenhams for £27.50, so quite expensive however i got told the set will last for 2 years and i would definitely say its 100% worth the money.
A massive 5/5 for Benefits brows a-go-go kit!



Any tips on eyebrows or tutorials i could watch? I’d love to see!

19 comments:

  1. This is a great first post. :) And your blog doesn't look bad at all.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great first post love, jealous of the brow kit need me one of those !
    following you now love, would be great for you to follow back so we can chat and see all the exciting things we're both up to :)
    Lauren x
    Britton Loves | Fashion Lifestyle + Photography - www.brittonloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou very much, means alot :) of course i will x

      Delete
  3. Everything is great and nothing is awful! Well done for starting a blog!
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful first post as someone who struggles with haywire eyebrows that need taming this was great as it gives me an idea what one to get next :)

    Rennie | Fashion Dust

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou very much! i also use an old mascara brush which i clean and use to brush through my brows to put all of the little hairs in place, it works great!! xx

      Delete
  5. This is a wonderful first post! I started a blog a couple of days ago too, know what your feeling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thankyou!! yeah it is quite scary considering all of the amazing blogs there are!

      Delete
  6. I'm pretty new too! Can't believe this is your first post.. It's fab!

    http://sweatyourselfbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. awh thankyou very much :) i will follow your blog xx

      Delete
  7. Hello lovely, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    I'm your newest follower and looking forward to your next post! :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. hello! thankyou very much it means alot, i love your blog :) xxx

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope blogging has been an amazing experience for you! Wishing you well. (:

    ♥ | www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/

    ReplyDelete